By using the Services, you represent that you are 13 years of age or older and you consent to the information collection and use practices described in this policy. If you do not want Company to collect, store, use or share your information in the ways described in this Policy, you should not use Company’s Apps or Services.
What Personal Information Does Company Collect?
- • Personal Information You Provide to Us: We receive and store the information you voluntarily provide to use our Services. The types of Personal Information collected may include your name, address, email address, phone number, birthday, social network ID number and/or usernames, the social network ID number and/or usernames of your friends, group members information, usage information including photos, messages, or any other content uploaded into the Services, and general user information regarding use of our Services.
- • Information Collected Automatically: When you use the Services, we automatically receive and record information on our servers from your browser, mobile, and/or wearable platform, including your location, device sensor data, device and application IDs, software version, usage patterns, IP address, browser type, operating information, cookie information, and the page you requested. For example, we automatically receive your location when you use the Services because your location is a key feature of the Company’s Services. If you no longer wish to allow us to collect and use your location information, you should discontinue the use of the Services.
You may be able to take part in certain activities within our Services that let you communicate or share information not just with us, but also with other users.
- • sending private or group messages or content to other users
- • chatting with other users; and/or
- • sharing photos or drawings with other users.
We record and store archives of these communications, comments, photos and drawings on Wearlynx’s servers, in order to provide this service as well as to protect Wearlynx’s rights and property in connection with our Services and you acknowledge and agree to that.
The Personal Information you provide and we acquire is used for such purposes as delivering the products and services you request, allowing you to set up a user id that can be used to interact with other users through the Services, improving the content of the Services, customizing the advertising and content you and your friends see (including Company or third-party advertising or content), and communicating with you about promotions, products and features. Your Personal Information may be associated with the user name and email you provide. Personal Information you provide to one of our Services may be used across platforms with other Services you or your friends use. For example, location information we receive in connection with your use of one of our Services may be used to customize the content you and your friends see in another one of our Services. We may also draw upon this Personal Information to adapt the Services of our community to your needs, to research the effectiveness of our network and Services, and to develop new features for the Services.
How is my Information Shared?
Your Personal Information could also be shared or sold as aggregated information or when anonymized by removing the personally identifying parts of your information, for example, we may share customer trend information with third parties, where that information is aggregated from sets of users and not any single user. We share this kind of aggregated data to improve and further our business and those of third party businesses, as well as to increase customer service, marketing and communications effectiveness.
Your friends may see, for example, your location, name, text messages, mood, sensory data, and any other content uploaded or shared by you, just as you can see your friends’ information. Persons who have access to this information may use it or disclose it to other individuals or entities without our control and without our knowledge. Therefore, we urge you to think carefully about including any specific information you may deem private to access and use the Services.
While we collect your sensory data, such as heart rate, we do not share that information. You can choose, however, to share your sensory data to any third party directly or through the Company’s App, but the Company Is not responsible for any sensory information you provide directly or through our App.
We may employ other companies and people to perform tasks on our behalf and need to share your information with them to provide products or services to you. Our agents will not have any right to use Personal Information we share with them beyond what is necessary to assist us, and they provide a comparable level of protection for your Personal Information. We are not responsible for any information you provide to third parties directly.
We may disclose your Personal Information in response to a subpoena, court order or other governmental request, or when we believe in good faith that disclosure is reasonably necessary to protect the property or rights of the Company, third parties, or the public at large.
How is my Location Determined and Shared?
Determining your location - Whenever you open, use or interact with our Services through the application on your mobile device or one of our sites, we use the location information from your mobile device or browser (e.g., latitude and longitude) to tailor the Services experience to your current location. The Services also use your mobile device’s background location to provide the Services, including, to send you notifications of friends, events, or other relevant information near you. If you have ‘background location’ turned on, the Services may, from time to time, tell us about your device’s location even if you are not directly interacting with the application.
We may use various technologies to determine location, such as location services of the applicable operating system or browser, GPS, Bluetooth, i-Beacon, RFID, and sensor data from your devices, along with nearby Wi-Fi access points and cell towers, and other technologies to determine your devices' approximate location.
When using the Services, your location data, shown by graphic points on a map, distance and direction proximity, or other graphic or text method, is shared with all members of any active group or “circle” you join via the Services and is updated in real time using your background location. You can turn off location sharing in your device in which case your location will only be shared when you proactively decide to tell the Services that you are at a particular place. The Services include several features that may allow you to share your information with others. Please remember that if you choose to provide personal information using certain features of the Services, that information may be available to the wider Services community, or may be published on our Sites, which is subject to indexing by third party search engines such as Google.
You should only share your location with people you know and trust not to convey your location to others. You should also note that personal information you share with others may be forwarded, and any information you post to public areas of the Site may become publicly available. For example, information you post on any interactive areas or other information that is provided for the purpose of being shared may be made publicly available and can potentially be viewed by anyone. Your posting to such public areas of the Site constitutes your consent to share such information publicly.
How is Information Shared with Other Parties?
- • Our Partners and Corporate Affiliates: In addition to the data sharing described above, we enter into relationships with a variety of businesses and work closely with them. In certain situations, these businesses, provide services to you, sell items or provide promotions to you through the Services. We may share your Personal Information that is related to such transactions with that business.
- • Business Transfers: If Company or substantially all of its assets are acquired, or in the unlikely event that Company goes out of business or enters bankruptcy, user information would be one of the assets that is transferred or acquired by a third party.
- • Protection of Company and Others: We may release Personal Information when we believe in good faith that release is necessary to comply with the law, including laws outside your country of residence, enforce or apply our conditions of use and other agreements, or protect the rights, property, or safety of Company, our employees, our users, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations (including outside of your country of residence) for fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
- • Your name and email are not publically available to other users or the public through our website. Other users only see the name you provide through the Company’s Apps when you connect with them through the app, for example, joining a “circle” or “group” with them. Your phone number is never shared by us, although the Company’s Apps may facilitate the sharing of invitations through text messages which can include multiple phone numbers in the senders Contact list. Only someone who has your phone number in his or her Contacts can share your number. Be careful who you give your phone number to as they can always share it with other people, regardless of the Company’s Apps. We are not responsible for any sharing of your phone number by other people.
- • To change your personally identifiable information, specifically your name or email address, you may do so through our Apps by going to Settings>User Name, changing the information and tapping “Save.” This identifying information is not an account, nor is it accessible to other users (except in the event that you join a group or circle with them, in which case they can see your user name, but not your email address). We need your name to customize your experience with our Services, and we retain your email address in order to communicate product and promotional messages with you.
What Email Communications Will I Receive?
If you provide us with your contact details as part of your use of the Services, you are “opting in” to our email communications and we may send you news and product updates relating to our Services. You may "opt out" of receiving marketing or promotional email from us by using the unsubscribe links within communications we send. Please note, however, that as long as you use the Services, you may not "opt out" of receiving service-related emails from us.
What about Cookies and Similar Technologies?
Is Personal Information about Me Secure?
While we take reasonable precautions against possible security breaches of our Services, customer databases, and records, no website, application or Internet transmission is completely secure. Although we strive to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee that unauthorized access, hacking, data loss, or other breaches will never occur, we cannot guarantee the security of your information while it is being transmitted to our Service. Any transmission and use is at your own risk. If you have questions about the security of our Services, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Company is not obligated or responsible for maintaining the digital integrity of your personal information, any usage information that is captured automatically by the Company’s App, or other information uploaded/shared by you. You understand and acknowledge that any electronically stored and transmitted data may be deleted, corrupted, or otherwise rendered inaccurate, unusable, or inaccessible (i.e. digital integrity).
What If I Am an International User?
If you are located outside of the United States, please note that this site is hosted on our computer servers in the United States. Therefore, your information may be processed and stored in the United States. As a result, United States federal and state governments, courts, or law enforcement or regulatory agencies may be able to obtain disclosure of your information through laws applicable in the United States. Your use of the Sites or the Services or your submission of any Personal Information to us will constitute your consent to the transfer of your Personal Information outside of your home country, including the United States, which may provide for different data protection rules than in your country.
If you have questions about the Personal Information we have collected from you, you can email email@example.com